• We put together a Facebook page. Like us! (Bates Swim and Dive)
• We carved pumpkins, drank hot cider, ate fresh donuts, and brought in the swim season with great Fall memories!
• The team raised over $1,300 for the Ted Mullen Fund, and had an awesome afternoon of racing!
• Misty Hyman came out and gave a presentation to the whole student body and also worked with the team!
• The team did a great job during preseason, and really handled that 'kick in the pants' the first three weeks of November can give you (9 practices a week, exams, papers, weights, studying, etc. etc.)
• We went 2-0 against Wesleyan and Trinity. With performances that were very strong for our first meet of the year. 3 Pool records go down too!
• Whitney Paine wins Bobcat of the Week
• And finally, the upperclassmen stuck around for Thanksgiving Break Training Camp - and not only did some amazing sets, but had some fun too. Today we saw several get-out swims - at 7am on a Wednesday! It really capped off a great 3 days and it was awesome to see them all head home to their families early with smiles… and more confidence.
Check out the pictures below!
|Pumpkin Carving by the fire pit!|
|Raising money at the football game!|
|Remembering those that fought cancer|
|Celebrating afternoon and racing|
|Relay Take Off!|
|Raising money at the library!|
|Misty Hyman at Shaeffer!|
|Misty chatting with Vanessa… |
(yup, that's her Olympic Team parka)
|Small Group work in the pool…. with a gold medalist!|
|Divers and Coach Bartley after winning the 3 meter!|
(Emily White, Katie Stevenson, Joe Tocci, Emma Jarczyck)
|Coach Vanessa going over splits and tempos|
|Bobcats smiling after their first swims of the meet|
(Shelby Radar, Katie Nelson, Julia Smachlo, and A.Gogs)
|Cody Jenkins soaking in a senior year home meet|
|Misty and Elle after their morning workout|
Thanksgiving break saw some amazing practices by the team, but they also had some fun… check out these photos!