Monday, November 19, 2012
Wes/Trin Meet Recap
The team wrapped up it first weekend of competing and came away with the men 2-0 and women 1-1. Not a bad way to start the season. Some highlights...
• Gagne's 200 Fly (1:58)... 4 seconds faster than last year at this time
• Elle's 100 free (54.1)... 1 second faster than last year at this time
• Prelgovisk and Higano's 200 IM (2:14/2:16) - We never got under 2:18 in dual meet last year - so that's a great start for us there.
• Travis Jones' wins on both boards came easily for him, but more importantly his scores were right off the regional cuts that will help take him to his goal.
• Nick Karlson's strong sprinting and Tara Dugan's dominance in the distance events were great to see too!
Also, as I broke down the swims from last year, I was pleased to bring the team together and list off over 20 performances that were better than last year's opening weekend. So nearly all of our SO, JR, and SR's are swimming faster out of the gate than last year.
What we have done our first 11 days of training together has been exactly what I wanted. I couldn't have been more impressed with the program, and how they attacked the training with great success - and a great attitude. The meet was an important first step toward putting together races correctly in January and February, and building confidence for NESCACs. It should be fun to see where we started and where we end up when the ride is over!
You can take a closer look at the results: (Wesleyan) (Trinity).